Kitchen Own Recipe; Dairy Free Banana "Milk"shake
Prep Time; 3 minutes
Cook Time; N/A
Ready In; 3 minutes OR a couple of hours if you need to wait for some ingredients to freeze
- 1/2 cup Coconut Milk
- 1 very ripe Banana
- 6 Coconut Milk ice cubs
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Essence
- Local Raw Honey to taste - if your banana is very ripe you may not need any!
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Freezing chilled coconut milk usually only takes about an hour in my freezer if you don't have any already frozen. If you do not, you might want to consider keeping some in there, it is very useful and can be defrosted in portions for whatever you need.
- If you want a thick shake like a Mr. Frosty, (seriously, the texture is identical) peel, chop and freeze your banana overnight, then blend as usual.
- For a thinner shake, use more coconut milk.
As you can see, I enjoyed mine with a slice of banana nut bread. Can you tell I needed to use up a bunch of bananas to use this week?
Thanks again to Ari over at The Diva Dish for her Coconut Vanilla Chai Recipe, it was the inspiration for this recipe that has practically become a morning ritual!
This recipe was shared through the Barn Hop.