If this is the first time you have heard anything about GMOs or Monsanto, here is a very quick summary of what is going on in the American food supply right now, and why you need to do something about it;
- A GMO is a genetically modified organism.
- GMOs have been shown to cause significant health problems in both humans and animals, and the full spectrum of effects they have are still unknown.
- Monsanto is the largest manufacturer of genetically modified organisms. They are a huge corporation with many people in powerful places that have large conflict of interests.
- Monsanto has refused to be held accountable for the atrocities it has brought against humanity such as Agent Orange.
- Monsanto trespasses and then sues farmers for "copyright infringement" when their crops contaminated the farmer's land.
- Consumers currently have no way of knowing whether a product contains a GMO ingredient, other than to buy organic, and even then there may be unknown cross contamination.
- I encourage you to do your own research on this topic.
“Control oil and you control nations; control food and you control the people.“
This is a finally an opportunity to do something about it! California has one of the largest economies in the world, and a change there would reflect heavily in the rest of the United States.
We only have 10 days left to raise a little under $500,000! May 26th is the deadline for the campaign to receive a matching one million dollar donation. This money will be used to back the California Right to Know Genetically Engineered Food Act, a citizens' ballot initiative, and other state GMO-labeling campaigns.
Click here to donate to this cause. Anything you can spare will make a difference, go find some spare change under the couch! If that spare change would feed your family when you would otherwise go hungry, spread the word; Information is free.
Are you joining this campaign? I would love to know what you are doing to protect your rights. Have questions for me? I would love to try and answer, leave me a comment below.
This post was shared through Fight Back Friday, Natural Living Link Up, WMFW, Women Living Well, Homemaking Link Up, Barn Hop, Frugal Days Sustainable Ways, Real Food Wednesday, Healthy Today, Monday Mania and Fat Tuesday.